Sunday, July 13, 2014

13@rts July sketch challenge

Super Sunday lovely readers!

My blog has been really busy these days with postings, and I just want to say a big thank you to those who have been dropping by so often to leave such wonderful words of encouragement. Especially the two Lizzy's - Lizzy Crust and Lizzy Hill, thank you girls for being so supportive!

Today I'm sharing with you a layout I did for 13@rts July challenge. Every month there will be something interesting going on in the challenge, and it's a different theme hosted by a different DT member. This month it's hosted by the owner and art extraordinaire herself, Ayeeda

Here is the sketch:


Rules of this challenge:
1. Create any project based on the sketch, use at least two mediums and at least one butterfly (it can be an embellishment, stamp, or paper design).
2. Publish your project on your blog and add link directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the end of this post.
3. Please add link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
4. You may submit as many entries as you like.
5.You can enter with your project to maximum 2 other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started.
7. The challenge ends on July the 27th at 23:55. Winners will be announced on July the 31st, 2014. 

When the challenge ends, our Design Team will vote and pick the best project. It will be awarded with shopping voucher for 13 arts store worth - 60 PLN with free international shipping. The winner will be invited to join us in one of our challenges as Guest Designers. Additionally we will feature few works with biggest number of points.

And my take on it:


I've used the paper "Bittersweet Love" from the "All is Love" collection. Love the washed out pink and mint tones in this line, but I've chosen a pink background to match my sakura. The background was primed with 13@rts acrylic primer and misting with Ayeeda Pearl mist in Pink, followed by some stamping with a few different butterfly stamps.

Some close-ups:


A white paper flower and paper rose from 13@rts which I altered with some Pearl Mist and stamping.


Decorative twigs which I colored with Chalk Mist in Lime. The butterflies were fussy cut out from papers in the "Fly Away" collection. 


Using Ayeeda modeling paste over a stencil, which I sprayed Chalk Mist in Black over. The color bled a little, which makes the tree branch look like something from a Chinese ink painting.


And my title is from the All Naturale word set from Blue Fern Studios.

Hope this post has inspired you in some way. Do check out the rest of the DT's amazing samples on the 13@rts blog!

Until then, happy scrapping!




2 comments:

  1. Ah Jelissa this is just beatutiful..I love the pinks and the delicate butterflies are so pretty...I really love what you have done with Ayeed's challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....you are SUCH a sweety! Thanks for the shout out...but honestly...I'm sure the Other Lizzy will agree...how could one NOT comment on your fab pages...this one is a new all time fave....I think you've done such an AWESOME job of showcasing that photo [blossom...ADORE!!!]...& that altered flower...wow! Aaaah Jelissa, if only there were more scrapping hours in the month...a challenge worth entering, for sure;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!