Thursday, February 27, 2014

Those holiday pictures Part 2 - Okinawa Story

Hello people!

I'm back for Part 2 of my reveal with Blue Fern Studios, featuring their new paper line Blue Fern Garden.
I've just mentioned that we got back with tons of photos from a family holiday in Japan, and one of the quickest ways to show a friend these photos is to put them in a mini-album (note: I showed this to some guests we had over for dinner and the husband commented, "You know there are those plastic albums with plastic sheets where you can slot the photos in right?" Sometimes the men just don't get it...)


This is a canvas album I got from the local scrapbook store and I had a lot of fun altering the cover with some glimmer mists. I also used a piece from the Ever After Frame set and covered it with two different shades of embossing powder for a duo-toned effect. I then fussy-cut out an element from Blue Fern Garden "Calling Cards" as a mat for the title. The mini was titled "Okinawa Story" because that's the web url for their official tourism page, which I had gone to several times to do my research for the place.

Some of the inner pages:




There was a honeycomb pattern on this sheet (In Bloom) so I painted the Bits of Honey chippy and tucked it under the photos. Here's a tip: don't discard the extra strip at the bottom of your Blue Fern Garden papers. There are beautiful patterns on them and I found the thickness to be just perfect for layering banner strips. I've used these throughout my mini. 




More cut-outs from the "Calling Cards" sheets. I think I've already almost used up the ones given to me in my DT pack. Yes, that's how much I love this one! I've also painted the Spring Branch chipboard with lots of Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals.



I painted the Heart Panel Chunky with some water colors, inked the edges and layered it under my photos. 

If you have not gotten these fabulous papers, don't wait any more! Here is a list of places you can find Blue Fern Studios products so be sure to check them out.

That's all I have for the month of February. I'll be back in March with more great stuff to share, so do come back for more inspiration.

love,

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful! This is a MUCH better way to show off these pictures than a plastic sleeve ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah this is such a DELISH album Jelissa! awesome photos, particularly the ones of the cherry blossoms. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!