Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Love comes in Green

Hello beautiful people!

February has been such a busy month and I barely had time to catch my breath. With so many things going on - youngest starting child care, DT assignments, Chinese New Year gatherings, job hunting (oh, did I just say that out loud...), I'm just stretched a little thin. But what better than a beautiful wedding to lift up the spirits eh?

One of our young friends in church is marrying a wonderful lady, and our eldest has the honour of being their page boy. The bride is an avid paper crafter like myself and she is immensely talented, so I had to work very hard to meet her expectations for some of the wedding items I offered to hand make for her, using of course Green Tara goodies.


The bride wants a rustic mint-green wedding and didn't like the original ring pillow that came with the jewellery so I tore out the old stuff and replaced them with this sweet little ensemble comprising of some Gold Mesh, Burlap and Glitter Organza Hearts ribbons. I topped it up with a bow made from the Double-sided Vertical Stripe Satin ribbon and a Wild Rose. Eldest is very shy about bearing the ring (his name is not Frodo by the way) so we are still trying to convince him. He did say that mummy's creation is nice but he's afraid. 


I made this flower crown from scratch and wove the flowers into the skeleton. The flower arrangement wires came from two shops - Spotlight (the thick one) and Daiso (the thinner ones) and it was quite therapeutic doing the weaving (I also happened to be watching "Sherlock" while doing this). The apple blossoms came in white, so I painted the centre with the Pale Green chalk spray I got from 13@rts.



These are my personal favourites because I've such a soft spot for mason jars and quaint little bicycles. I spotted the bicycle in the stationary shop near the food court where we always have our lunch after Sunday service. The minute I saw it I knew I had to do something crafty with it. The mason jars were recycled from my dessert adventures - there's a neat little shop at Everton Park where their sponge and mousse cakes come in mason jars. The bride had the really beautiful idea of using them as table deco so I tried to make something out of them. 




For the jars, I first used a layer of Gold Mesh ribbon before layering them with either the Natural Jute Ribbon or the Off-White Flower Lace. I misted the large White Flower Lace with mint green spray and used it as a piece for the Heirloom flowers, which I painted the centre using the same mint green spray. I also used the Silk Flowers with Crystal and Mini Rose to highlight the jars.


 For the cluster on the bicycle, I layered the Natural Jute Ribbon, the Herringbone Ribbon, White Flower and Off-White Flower Laces, Pearl Trim and the Satin Leaf Garland.


That's all I have to share for now. After a day at work with barely enough sleep migraine is setting in and I really need my bed. Until then, happy creating!

love,


1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a delightful blogpost! so full och spring freshness and wedding romance. I absolutely adore your projects! fingers crossed your little man overcame his shyness, the ring pillow is adorable! have a wonderful week sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!