Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Joy with 13@rts

Hello friends! How are you this Wednesday?

I'm up on the 13@rts blog today to share a layout I made of my eldest. Now that we have a newborn at home, it brings back a lot of tender memories of the older boys' babyhood, and I'm really glad I started scrapbooking early enough to record those moments.



Here's a recent photo of my eldest enjoying the big grass meadow on a vineyard we visited. I used the "Hallerbos" paper from my Mental Vacation collection for the nature theme it had and I wanted my background to reflect his love for nature too. Lots of watercolor effect here created using Chalk and Pearl mists in Violet, Berry and Lavender, and I love how well the colors complemented the paper.

Some close ups:



Texture fun with microspheres, glass beads and glitter. I also used modeling paste over a poppy stencil and traced the outline of the flowers with a Sharpie.



Another layer of masking, but this time I made a paste from Magic Powder and a mixture of Vivid Violet and Metallic Purple paints. The chipboard from Blue Fern Studios I painted with Berry and Lavender matt paints.

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,

3 comments:

  1. Just glorious....& the touches of yellow look fabulous AND that hot air balloon---neat touch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw Jelissa - this is fabulous! I hope life with your new baby is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the colouring and texture.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!