Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Remember This with Made With Love

Hello friends!

Popping in late (or very early!) today to share a canvas I made for my LSS Made With Love using some fabulous products available at their 313 Somerset store.

Now that I'm comfortably settled into my second trimester (almost the end of it actually) the insomnia is setting in, making me horribly tired in the day but not taking away the tons of things that have to be done. Maybe I should make that appointment for some pre-natal massage (hee!)...

Anyhow, here is my project:


This canvas was made with papers from the Bo Bunny Garden Journal collection pack. It's been awhile since I made something with a lot of paper and the mixed media background just subtle enough to add some flavour.  If you're going to work with a lot of papers but don't want them to look too flat, pop up the layers with 3D foam dots (I like to recycle cardboard and my craft room is starting to look like some karang guni's backyard), or work on the edges so that you get plenty of texture and dimension at the same time.

This photo is us at King's Park in May, enjoying the gorgeous autumn weather and it's fantastic how the papers matched the colors of that lovely day. Our moments together finally got captured by Daddy when I decided to put the camera down and just enjoy being silly with the boys. We all need to be a Mary instead of a Martha once in awhile eh?

Some close-ups:


Subtle details from stenciling - my texture paste was mixed with clear microbeads and spread over a Prima stencil. Followed by light sponge dabbing with Victorian Velvet and an even lighter touch with Bundled Sage (Ranger's Distress Paints). I then created some contrast with a script stamp and heat embossing. 


Using a sticker from the collection as my title. Underneath that is a chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios (Notebook Edges) which I covered with the same texture paste + microbead mix and colored with Distress Stain in Brushed Corduroy. In making my paper layers, I have distressed the edges, as well as did random border punching along the sides for a very shabby look. 


Layering fussy-cut elements from the papers and tucking in a piece of wooden gear underneath my flowers.


Some more texture galore. Instead of using clear microbeads, I first applied texture paste over a Damask mask from Kaisercraft and then sprinkled black microbeads while it is still wet. Then it was sponge dabbing with Distress Paint and I finished off with splatters of gesso lightly watered.

List of supplies (available from Made With Love at 313 Somerset B2):

pp: Bo Bunny Garden Journal collection pack
word stencil , texture paste, microbeads, flowers, resin and wood embellishments: Prima Marketing
Damask stencil: Kaisercraft
chipboard: Blue Fern Studios
Distress paint, stain: Ranger's
embossing powder: Wow!

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!

love,

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous....love how you've sort of divided this one into two halves.....& those layers of papers are yummy:) And the subtle stenciling - nice! Aaaah....insomnia eh? Preparing you for those nights of getting up with the baby in a few months!!!! Nature's a wonderful thing, eh??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! love the layers and those pink roses are so sweet!! All the best with the next stages until bub comes along!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!