Sunday, April 12, 2015

Live Your Live with 13@rts

Hello friends!

It's good to be back in blogosphere! I had to take nearly 2 weeks off with my youngest one in the hospital for yet another bout of bronchitis. But he's much better now and I finally have time to spend in the studio.

Today I'm sharing my take on 13@rts new April challenge hosted by Ingrid Gooyer and this month, it's all about colors! Here are the rules:


When I was asked to make one, the first thing that comes to mind was turquoise.
Turquoise is just my absolute favorite number one color!
You can find this color everywhere in my house and it really makes me happy.
So for this challenge I would like to ask you to create something with YOUR number one color. Anything goes, a card, layout, an off the page project, you name it.
I made this moodboard for some extra inspiration.




Rules of the challenge #29:
1. Create a project based on the theme of the challenge.
2. Publish your project on your blog and add link directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the right side bar.
3. Please add link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
4. You may submit as many entries as you like.
5. You can enter with your project to maximum 2 other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started.
6. The challenge ends on 26th of April. Winners will be announced on 30th of April.

When the challenge ends, our Design Team will vote and pick the best project. It will be awarded with shopping voucher for 13 arts store worth - 60 PLN with free international shipping. The winner will be invited to join us in one of our challenges as Guest Designers. Additionally we will feature few works with biggest number of points.
It was a little tough for me because I just love almost every color in the rainbow (except maybe for yellow), so I just stuck to turquoise as per the mood board. Turns out, almost everyone likes turquoise!  And here is my take on the challenge - a 10 x 10 canvas I made for a dear friend to celebrate her stepping out from the comfort zone and to start a life living for herself:



I used a lot of new products from 13@rts - and of course the papers from my first collection "Mental Vacation" with them! I had a beach feel because my friend is a surfer babe and she was moving into a surf/yoga related industry. Do check out her page if you are keen!

Now some closeups:


I had tons of white flowers lying around and was trying to find a use for them. So here they are, layered on top of my papers. In Mandarin, the term for ocean spray is loosely translated as "flowers from the wave" and it's a perfect use for them here. My papers were also torn to create the effect of the surf breaking on the shore.


Some other textural details - I used the new mica flakes, decorative crystals and colored grit from the 13@rts store and glued them on with liquid medium. This part was largely inspired by some of the elements on the mood board - the clear pebbles, buttons, dew drops and beads.


A little bit more texture here. For the centre of some of the flowers, I added a drop of liquid medium followed by some plastic microspheres and colored grit. Finally when all is glued down, I splattered the new Metallic Ink in Turquoise and watered it down. Then I filled in with more color using Chalk Mist in Light Turquoise and gave the whole piece a layer of shimmer with Pearl Gloss Mist.

And that's all I have for today! I'll be back tomorrow with another project for 13@rts, so do hang around!

love,




5 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I LOVE this color too most of all. It takes me to my favorite caribbean beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I'm glad your boy is on the improve:) that is GOOD!!!! And the 'flowers from the wave ' ... What a beautiful description!! And your canvas is such a celebration of the ocean... Gorgeous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Jelissa! Why is it that so many of us love turquoise? It's my fave too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your boy is better ... bronchitis is not fun...
    This is just gorgeous and it screams beaches... love it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!