Thursday, January 8, 2015

Debut post for Maja Designs

Good day everyone!

I'm so excited to present to you my very first post as a Maja girl! Still trying to get used to that name because I've never thought of myself as a girly girl despite the romantic shabby style that I love so much and the amount of flowers that I must use on any layout.

For my very first post, I've used some of the gorgeous papers from the Vintage Summer Basics and Vintage Spring Basics. Love how different papers from different collections complement each other so perfectly, not to mention just how much their shabby sweetness appeals to me!

Here is the layout I made of my youngest. I chose to focus on the grey and blue tones with a touch of white washing.


Some close-ups:


I had a lot of fun creating these layers by tucking in bits and pieces in between the papers. The neutral colors of the background paper was also suitable for the mixed media work I wanted to do with my 13arts stash of paints and mists.


My floral cluster and title. Keeping everything toned down and simple. Tucked under is a Blue Fern Studios chipboard (Printer's Desk) which I've lightly altered.


A flair from Um Wow Studio


The Graduated Square chipboard (also from Blue Fern Studios) under all that layers, together with more flowers. I also tucked in leaves die cut out from Vintage Spring Basics.


The other side of the cluster with little cut-outs from Vintage Autumn Basics.

And here is a start-to-finish of how I created this layout. Thank you for dropping by today!


love,

9 comments:

  1. Well, I think you are a perfect Maja girl! And this LO simply proves it:):) LOOOVE the muted tones & you 'get away' with flowers on a boy page effortlessly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jelissa I can see you being a Maja girl and bringing a bit of arty edginess to the team. This layout is a stunning start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely layout. D colours and layers so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful layout, soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on being a Maja Girl... I think their papers are perfect for your style and I can't wait to see what you create with them. I think they are my fave papers. I love the soft vintage colours and you make creating a layout with it so easy. <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!