Sunday, December 14, 2014

Easy Watercolor Christmas card for Off the Rails Scrapbooking

Hello friends!

How is your preparation for Christmas coming along? We are doing a lot of last minute gift shopping for the kids and their friends, as well as scouring the internet for yummy recipes that help this mummy look like a fabulous chef during parties.

Today I'm up on the OTRS blog with a easy card for you, along with a step by step tutorial on how I created it.

The card is based on our December moodboard:



As you can see, I'm a very pastel person so I've used the softer versions of the colors in the mood board.

Step 1:

Prime your white cardstock with gesso. Pick out the watercolor pencils that you will be using. Next, trace out the shapes on your stencil and shade in the colors. Lastly, using a small brush, add water to paint. It's ok to let the colors bleed out and blend.


Step 2:

Take the red water color pencil and trace out small triangles from another stencil. Repeat with the bleeding and blending with a small wet brush.


Step 3:

Using the Ranger's embossing pen (black or white is fine), trace out the red triangles and sprinkle black embossing powder. Heat to set.


Step 4:

Stamp around the edges with a border stamp (I used one with a lot of triangles) and adhere the cardstock on to a sheet of patterned paper. Then I made my title with a some Christmas title dies from Sizzix. To finish off, I altered a snowflake chipboard with some Shimmerz Texturez and sprinkled gold glitter on the edges while it was still wet.


And here it is, my easy-peasy Christmas card! Hope you found the techniques here useful!


2 comments:

  1. I really like this card - the bg is so PRETTY.....& it's reminded me to get out my watercolour pencils, too, so thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiming in with Lizzy, the background really is so pretty! love the softer take on the colours too. Lots and lots of love to you sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!