Sunday, November 17, 2013

A splash of color

Hi there lovely readers! How has your day been?

I have my second layout for the Green Tara blog to share with you today. It's a photo of my youngest, who has quite a killer smile that helps him to get away with all sorts of mischief. He's 16 months old now, so you can imagine just how un-manageable he can be at times.

I was inspired by SATW's November mood board: 


This is just so colorful, cute and fun isn't it? Seeing a rainbow always makes me smile and so does seeing youngest smile. And here's what I came up with:



The Portrait collection from Pink Paislee isn't exactly my cup of tea but I got the pack at 70% off during a warehouse sale. And it's lying untouched (read: hoarder!!) in my stash so I felt compelled to use it. I scouted around for ideas and came across something that Stacey Young did. She is an immensely talented artist and I'm a big fan of her work. So I scrap-lifted from her nautical-themed layout and added a few things that made the layout "mine".


The apple blossom and tiny rose from Green Tara. These came in white so I had quite a fun time altering them with distress paints and blending the colors with water. The wooden camera from Maya Road was covered with black ink, followed by a layer of crackle paint.


The centre piece Wild Rose is just stunning. More altering of the flowers, this time with distress stains and letting the color run with water. To get the shade of teal for the Primula flower, I distressed the edges with Distress Paint, misted the fabric flower with Dylusions (in London Blue) and sprayed some water to blend the colors. I must say that the result is really quite amazing and I'm starting to fall in love with the Dylusions series of sprays.


My favourite flower for now, the Heirloom in champagne. I've also a piece of wooden gear which I've covered with embossing powder tucked behind. 


Lastly, layering of the cute ribbons and trims as cut-out banners. I'm also loving the random stamping with both ink and gesso. So much texture there! And of course my new set of word stamps from Technique Tuesday which has just the perfect sentiments for this photo. 

GREEN TARA PRODUCTS USED:
- DOUBLE-SIDED VERTICAL STRIP SATIN LATTE RB454LAT
- DOUBLE-SIDED VERTICAL STRIP SATIN SAGE RB454SA
- 1.2CM WHITE LACE L3054W
- 1.2CM OFF-WHITE LACE L29230W
- 38MM MESH GOLD RB6734GO
- HEIRLOOM 6.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER CHAMPAGNE XF9213CH
- HEIRLOOM 4.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER YELLOW XF9317Y
- PRIMULA 4.5CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER WHITE XF9325WH
- WILD ROSE 7CM SILK AND ORGANZA FLOWER MOSS XF9318MO
- CHERRY BLOSSOM WHITE FLC22WH
- CHERRY BLOSSOM CREAM FLC22C
- CHERRY BLOSSOM TWO TONE BLUE FLC22BPB
- APPLE BLOSSOM WHITE FDV044WH
- 1.5CM ROSES WHITE FDR003WH
- 2CM ROSES WHITE FDR006WH
- FLOWER SPRAYS GOLD PFSTGO


I hope to be sharing some more work with you soon, it's been a rather packed week with the holidays coming up. Until then, keep calm and scrap on!

love,



12 comments:

  1. You are such a clever chicken! I love all your GT projects. You've done such a beautiful job Jelissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful page ! Love the water colour effect and yes, your little one has an adorable smile. Thank you for playing along again at Scrap Around The World this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect rainbow page with a beautiful photo at the centre. I love your take on this challenge... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Gayle and Val! SATW has the most amazing mood boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jelissa!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love all those gorgeous flowers Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wow! Fantastic LO! Love all techniques
    Thanks so much for playing at challenge at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING LAYOUT!THANKS SO MUCH FORA PALYING ALONG WITH US AT SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING PAGE!THANKS SO MUCH FOR PALYING ALONG WITH US AT SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Alexandra and Carlies!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!