Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another entry for SATW October!

Hello lovely friends! How has your weekend been?

I've been quiet for awhile as some friends may know, my youngest was admitted to hospital for bronchitis and it was a really tiring couple of weeks for us. Well, I finally managed to find some alone-time this weekend and it was off to the studio!

While working on a DT layout for Green Tara, I was so amazed by how beautiful their products are that I had to make something for myself. And SATW's October mood board got my mojo going full time and I put the two together for another entry.

Here's the mood board:


And my take on it:


The blues and pinks on the mood board reminded me of this photo from my second maternity shot, and I've always wanted to do this color combo. I liked the yellow as well but chose a toned-down cream instead for the soft mood of the theme. And the little typewriter prompted me to do some journalling along with the page.

I used a butterfly stencil and a butterfly lattice stamp from Kaiserkraft for the background, and some mistable flutteries from Pink Paislee because I've always felt that a woman in her pregnancy is like a butterfly in a cocoon - it's a period of change and transformation from something plain into something really extraordinary and beautiful. As the journaling goes, "she transforms from a girl into a woman". That I feel, is the beauty of pregnancy and motherhood, and something so precious that many of us are so blessed to have gone through.

Some close-ups (warning, I'll be shamelessly promoting Green Tara products!):


The main flower cluster. Love the soft pink of the Heirloom flower from GT! And their smaller flowers really complement each other. I also tucked a skeleton mesh in olive green between my paper layers and under the cluster.


I did something funky with the Heirloom flower. Can you spot what it is?


Loving the satin leaf garland which adds so much dimension to the cluster. And who can resist those tiny roses? I also rested the title on a chippie from Dusty Attic which I covered with distress embossing powder.


The Jute ribbon double bow adds a beautiful rustic touch to the cluster of trinket and punched butterfly.



So that's all I have time for. Now I've got to go prepare the babe's dinner. Till then, have a great day!

love,



9 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous page Jelissa! I'm a real sucker for floral clusters, particularly ones as yummilicious as these! So sorry your child has been sick and I really hope that things in your household are improving in that regard. Thanks for playing again at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! All the best for your family, thank you for joining SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooohh and aaaaaahh! my oh Jelissa another stunner! you sure have created a heavenly page! So glad to hear your little man is on the mend and you're hopefully getting more sleep now. Thank you ever so much for sharing your gorgeous page with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Helen, Bellaidea and Eila! You girls are such darlings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so happy that you are so inspired by the moodboard! I love the beautiful layering of flowers and that photo is precious! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely layout. Thanks ofr playing along at SATW !

    ReplyDelete
  7. So perfect, this page...wonderfully delicate, I love the colors!! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful and stunning! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is gorgeous!!! Love the colors and how you used the zipper thingie from Prima! So happy being a teamy with you <3 Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!