Sunday, September 29, 2013

My first play at BFS' sketch challenge!

Hello folks!

As promised, I'm back today with a layout I created for the Blue Fern Studio's September challenge. They also happened to have a swap with one of my favourite paper makers 7 Dots Studio, and that makes the perfect challenge for me 'cos I just received a stash of their new collections - Messy Head and 9th Wave.

Here's the sketch:


And this is my take on it:


I layered various papers from both collections as a photo mat and inserted a doily and a distressed tag into the cluster



I cut up the "Blooming Foliage" chippy from BFS and used one half for the title. I dry-brushed a coat of gesso and used my Pan Pastels to color the leaves and the stems. For the flowers, I used Faber-Castell gelatos. I then blended the different tones with a wet brush. Lastly was a layer of clear crackle paint.


I gave the "Spring Iris Small" the same treatment as well - but used the metallic gelatos in my box instead. It made the chippy really shimmer!

The other half of the bloom foliage with the same treatment.

As usual being the klutz, I did a step-by-step tutorial for this layout but realised that I had used a different camera and the USB cable was nowhere to be found. So I couldn't post any of the techniques in detail in this post. I'll try to put the whole thing together soon as there are other scrap-worthy photos in that memory card.

And that's all I have to share for now. TFL!!

love,


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love what you did with the chipboard and the sketch. So glad to have you play along with the Blue Fern Studios September Sketch Challenge!

    Oh, and BTW, my dd is majoring in Forensic Science and Chemistry right now. I am sure she would love to talk to you! :) Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Patter, for the kind words :)

    I bet your dd must be enjoying her classes - the field is so exciting and we see so many weird things all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jelissa! this is utterly gorgeous! love your yummo chippie treatment and the sweet sweet colours! Just noticed that bit about your day work; bet it's a whole lotta more exciting to my shuffling papers in the office as PA! ha ha! Take care, be good! hugs to ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dearest Elia!

    I think you will feel so much better if you know that the fun detective work takes up only 10% of our time. The rest is all paperwork! But that 10% is enough to make us look mysterious and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!