Sunday, August 9, 2015

August challenge for 13@rts

Hello friends, and to my fellow Singaporeans, Happy SG50!!

I'm really looking forward to the food, fellowship and celebrations later this evening for my country's 50th National Day. We've come a long way and I'm grateful to our pioneers for paving the way for our generation to enjoy the prosperity we have today. And that includes the luxury of scrapping too!

This month, I'm hosting the challenge over at 13@rts and I've kept my rules simple. Counting down right now to Queen Elsa's arrival and I'm just about going nuts with all the preparation. So, simple rules :)
Rules of the Challenge # 33:

1. Create a project based on geometric shapes and pastel colors.
2. Publish your project on your blog and add Link Directly to the post using Inlinkz tool at the right side bar (on 13@rts blog).
3. Please add a link and info about our challenge, where your work is published.
4. You apr submit as many entries as you like. 
5. You can enter your project with a maximum of 2 other challenges and your work must be new, not published before our challenge has started. 
6. The challenge ends on 23rd August.  Winners will be announced on 27th August.


When the challenge ends, our Design Team will vote and pick the best project. It will be awarded with shopping voucher for 13 arts store worth - 60 PLN with free international shipping. The winner will be invited That join us in one of our challenges as Guest Designers. Additionally we will feature a few works with biggest number of points.

And here is my take on the challenge:



This photo was taken while we were visiting Caversham Wildlife Park in May. The boys love animals but my eldest has always been a little hesitant about handfeeding the bigger ones like the roos. After observing his younger brother and dad, he decided to give it a go and he had a blast. The funny thing was when we were there a year ago, he didn't have that fear.

Details in the close-up:



Layering squares of paper from Olga's Starlight collection on the background paper from my Mental Vacation collection. The chipboard is from Blue Fern Studios and I've layered it with different Ayeeda Matt paints. 



Lots of background work here - gesso mixed with heaps of Magic Powder for a thick paste that dries to give wonderful relief. Then it was painting with Matt paint and splattering with Pearl mists. 



Not sure if you can see the crackle effect from the gesso + Magic Powder paste here (it's the white patch where the stamping is, right under the flowers). Adding more details with traced squares from a stencil, stamping and splatters with Splash! acrylic ink. 



Adding more texture with mica flakes, glass glitter and microbeads.

That's all I have for now. Off to enjoy my super long weekend!

love,

3 comments:

  1. Hope it's a wonderful long weekend.....what a beauty of a photo! And the squares on the bg look really good across the page:) I think you are way clever, how you pop a few flowers on a boy page. And pink! And it still works a treat:):) Not long 'til the Queen arrives, then??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Jelissa and I love your photo. I agree with Lizzy that you have a great talent for being able to use flowers on 'boy' layouts. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Jelissa! I love the finishing touch the twine gives.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!