Monday, July 20, 2015

All Things Pink with Made With Love

Hello friends! How are you doing?

Today I'm up on the Made With Love blog and I have a post full of background techniques to share with you. If you have visited before, you would know that tags really stump me but I'm grateful to my DT co-ordinator Aida for always challenging me to step out of my comfort zone.

Here are the three tags I made for this month:



I've kept the embellishments on the first tag the simplest to show what I have done in the background. Basically it's blending three different colors of Distress Paints on a stencil over a gesso-primed manila tag. Keeping the stencil in place, I brushed distress crackle paint over to get the cracks over my painted portion. To make the cracks more obvious, I stamped the Distress Stain bottle down hard to create pools that would seep into the cracks and give a beautiful splatter pattern at the same time. Lastly, it's to brush some Art Anthology Sorbet paint over another smaller circle stencil.



For the second tag, a lot more work was involved.



It's not very obvious here, but I did a gel image transfer for my background using one of the patterned papers that came in my DT kit. Briefly, I brushed gel medium on my tag and adhered my patterned paper on with the side I want facing down, bearing in mind that everything will be mirror-imaged. When the gel medium has dried, I spritzed generously with water and rubbed off the patterned paper to reveal the image below. After that, it was dabbing the edges with different colored Distress Paints to blend them in and finishing off with a translucent coat os Art Anthology Sorbet paints.



My third and last tag has much fewer steps. I simply blended different colors of Art Anthology dimensional paints together along the length of the tag to get a gradated color wash, starting with the lightest shade from the bottom. Then it was stamping with embossing ink and heat setting gold embossing powder to get a nice raised image of a doily heart. Lastly, I brushed some AA sorbet paint over a heart stencil to give the effect of heat-embossed transparent glitter powder - it's a lot faster and less messy too!

So these are the background techniques I used for my tags. Hope you find them useful!

Supplies (available at Made With Love):

Art Anthology paints (Mi Bella, Big Dip O'Ruby, Cotton Candy, Buttercream, Splash)
Distress Paint (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Victorian Velvet)
Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy)
Distress Stain (Brushed Corduroy)
Distress Glitter (Pickled Fence, Seedless Preserves)
Sizzix mini rosette die
Prima doily die
Prima Marketing Inc flowers, stencils and stamps
Blue Fern Studios chipboards
Kaisercraft patterned paper 


love,

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tags. Gorgeous layers and details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me how a tiny tag can take as much work as a LO....except they're so much more darn fiddly! Love the different 'treatments' you've given each one.......aaaah! Image transfers....how I love to hate to love thee.......they ALL look fabulous....can I choose a fave?? Hmmmmn...think the blue flower one with such a nice sentiment wins out;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Jelissa - what cool techniques! I can't believe you are challenged by tags - these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!