Monday, May 25, 2015

xoxo for 13@rts, an Epic challenge and Color fun!

Hello friends!

I'm in today on a fabulous Monday to share a layout I created using a mix of my new collection Mental Vacation and Olga Heldwein's Starlight, as well as the gorgeous new mediums in the 13@rts store. I have also entered this for the Epic challenge over at Scrap Around the World where I was also an Epic challenge winner last year, as well as my first time entering for Words and Paintery. The sketch inspiration came from Sketchabilities which I flipped (although I'm not sure whether I'm eligible or not!). It's been awhile since I entered any challenge at all and it was really all for fun!


My background was created with four different Ayeeda paint and mist colors - over a stenciled design with modeling paste on my paper Hallerbos. The inspiration for the colors came from Word and Paintery. To create the textures, I mixed Coral matt paint with 3D fillers and sprinkled on generous amounts of sand grit, more plastic fillers and mica flakes. To seal the whole thing, I painted liquid medium over. Before everything is dried, I randomly arranged black and grey threads around the paste I have made. These were inspired by some of the photos from the SATW mood board.

Some close-ups:


My title which is a chipboard piece from Blue Fern Studios. It was primed with a mixture of black gesso and plastic fillers, and glazed over Violet metallic paint. 


The resin frame was colored with random splatters of Lilac chalk mist. The tags were created with Olga's papers (Sagittarius) which I had distressed the edges with first: a layer of black gesso and secondly, gold embossing powder and sand grit. This was inspired by one of the pictures in the SATW mood board where there was a ring of confetti on the martini glass.


I like to layer Blue Fern chipboards and for this layout, I primed them with white gesso, followed by Lavender matt paint and Violet Purple paint. Then I painted on Lilac chalk mist and watered it randomly before some stamping. Lastly it was a layer of tinted embossing powder and distressing with black gesso. 



One of the fun bits I enjoyed creating are the leaves and vines. These were craft colored when I got them, and I was debating whether to alter them or not. Adventure got the best of me and I primed them with black gesso. Then it was a layer of glaze using Violet metallic paint, followed by stamped script which I embossed in gold. Then I took Gold pearl paint and glazed over the vines 

Wow, that was a lot of altering and layering! I hope you enjoyed the techniques I shared here and use them in your own projects. Thank you for dropping by the blog!

Entered for:

 


love,




24 comments:

  1. Stunning as always! Thank you Jelissa for playing with us at SATW! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Love all the textures and beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute stunning, again, so admire your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Love the beads and details in the background. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite a journey you took those chippies on!! But they look awesome....I just adore the whole sparkalicious look on this one....& the purple really lends itself to it, I think! Gold. Well, you can't go past a bit of gold!! And good on you going in just a FEW challenges all at once!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful jelissa... I follow you and your project are always so cute!!! thanks for join it at sketchabilities :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing layout! there are so many details I can't stop looking at them :) I love your projects! thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jelissa - this is a stunner! This seems weird to say it but thanks for playing along in the Epic Event at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning piece... so much colour and texture going on. Such a sweet photo too. Loving the purples. Fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a Stunning layout ! Thanks so much for playing along in our Epic Event at SATW this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic lo!!!LOVE IT !!!Good luck Jelissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! Such rich colors and beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project! Love the beautiful colors and great textures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome background and fabulous colors!!
    Thank you for joining in our Epic Event at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! You work magic Jelissa with your work! Sigh I am in awe of your work! This is delicious! All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!!!So beautiful background!!!Love it!! Thanks for playing along with sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your mixed-media textured layout! beautiful colours and details! thank you for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Jelissa! Can´t take my eye from it. So much to look at! Thank you for playing with Words & Paintery.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful page Jelissa! Thank you for joining in as a VIP in the Epic Event at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow amazing work! Thank you for joining our epic event at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a glorious page! Thanks for entering our epic event at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning piece of art. I love it. Thank you for playimg with us at Words and Paintery

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!