Tuesday, September 23, 2014

that two-flower layout.....

Hello friends, I hope you missed me while I was away!

It has been a busy time with lots of things happening, so much so that I didn't realise I had a whole list of to-do stuff to check off! But first, I want to share with you a layout I created for Made With Love Singapore.

So I went to the store to pick up my DT pack and saw that I had stuff that I don't usually use. But after starring at them for a while, I realised I had an awesome challenge on hand - use stuff that I don't usually use! So this is what I came up with:


This was so much fun to create. I used some soft matte gel instead of the usual texture paste and applied it over a Prima stencil. Next was some misting over another stencil with Tattered Angels glimmer mists. Then the next layer was some Art Anthology Sorbet dimensional paint over another stencil (you can see where my fetish is now). This is a fairly simple way to build up layers on your background - using different stencils with different mediums, one on top of another. As the Art Anthology paints are water-based, I wet my paintbrush and bled some of the stenciled designs onto my white cardstock. If you want to add even more layers, you can follow on with different stamp designs in different colours.

Some closeups:


I painted a wooden doily with AA sorbet paint and added some Distress Glitter along the edges. The arrow is from Pink Paislee's mistables and has resist patterns on it. For my photo mat, I layered different cut outs from a sheet of sentiments from My Mind's Eye "Jubilee" collection.


A fun way to add interest to your page is to use stamping. Instead of stamping my date only once, I repeated the stamping until the ink ran out. If you noticed, I also use staples to secure my photo mat layers together. Interested to know what those three dots ah? Make a guess, it's a crafting essential which I've re-purposed!


And a departure from my usual flowery style, I used only two flowers here! So I started with some plain white petals and used the same TA mists I used for my background to color them. What I did was a color bleeding technique and I have a video here to show you how I did it. For the other purple rose, it was as simple as adding glitter to the edges. To make my page more filled out, I stamped some words around the border of my white cardstock.

Supplies (available from Made With Love):

Bazzil cardstock (white)
My Mind's Eye Jubilee collection papers
Maya Road bingo buttons
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (Sunflower Sisters, Aquamarine)
Art Anthology Dimensional Paints (Mayan Gold, Red Velvet)
Prima Stencils
Wood doilies and icons
Pink Paislee Mistable Resist Chipboard Arrows

So that's all I have for now. Thanks for dropping by, and I'll see you soon!

love,

9 comments:

  1. Good on you stepping outside your comfort zone, even if you had little choice!!! And I reckon they're those little glue dots that we use for a bit of dimension, that you've glittered up??? Anyways, this looks FABULOUS!!! LOOOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Lizzy, it is a 3D foam dot! I first saw this on Finnabair's recent blog post and thought, why not use the other sticky side and glitter up things a little? LOL

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, and all the layers too.. you certainly have created a beautiful layout and no hint of being out of your comfort zone at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.... so you overcame your fear... good on you. Love this layout the bright colours and rich layers. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, awesome page, love all the details and dynamic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout Jelissa and I know what you mean about stepping out of your comfort zone, it does you the world go good sometimes, I have also been pushed out if my comfort zone since joining a kit club DT and I have to say I. Think I have done some of my best work because of it. Enjoy this great ride my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow guys, I'm so glad you like this layout! I was a little unsure about how "good" it looks and it definitely was a lot of fun to make! Like a lightbulb coming on suddenly.

    thanks so much for the love. you guys are the best *muacks*

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a gorgeous, colourful lay-out! I really love how you made the artsy background!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!