Monday, August 18, 2014

August Prima BAP

Hello everyone!

Back in after the weekend to share with you my take on Prima's BAP for August. I thought I would be quite exhausted from taking care of a sick toddler but creating this page was really therapeutic for me. And I wouldn't be doing this if not for the fact that my talented friend Jennifer Synder designed this month's sketch! 

Here it is:


And my take on it:

As a tribute to her talent, I scrapped a photo of one of my favourite cats (if you're familiar with Jennifer and her works, she often features her Escape Kitty). This particular feline of mine, named Meow-Bi aka Empress Dowager, came to me as a little kitten of 8 weeks old and we had her till old age. Sweet lovely girl but oh, grouchy most of the time. This is a photo of her basking under the sun taking her nap.

For the papers, I've used mostly from the Delight collection. Initially I wanted to go without a backing, but the page was heavy and I had a sheet of patterned paper from "Something Blue" lying around. Yes, it was utterly destroyed in my first attempt to take on this sketch but nobody said you can't reuse it as backing. As it is, the mistakes were nicely covered up. Me - 1; trashbin - 0.

some close ups: 


Some Prima flowers, resin frame and blings layered on top of a Wild Flourish Frame from Blue Fern Studios. One thing I like to do with bigger chipboard pieces like this is to snip it into two and tuck them under separate clusters. It creates a certain sense of balance and fills out the page nicely. On this page, I painted the chipboard with Distress Paints and a dash of Ayeeda matt paint in Raspberry.


My chandelier stamping which didn't turn out as perfectly as I wanted it, but easily covered up with some pretty flowers and a word sticker. 


More vintage trinket and flowers. Love how the cheesecloth softens up the page.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by the blog and leaving your love. Until my next post,
happy scrapping!

love,




13 comments:

  1. Oh so stunning, love all the wonderful details and textures on your back ground.. that is an amazing sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jelissa! Just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Jelissa! Love it sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful job Jelissa. Totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow this is breathtaking , so much beautiful texture and everything so perfectly placed ... love love love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jelissa, your page is absolutley pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some seriously beautiful work Jelissa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. besides for been a 1 TALENTED scrapper you are such a supportive fellow scrapper... Your layout is TOTALLY STUNNING.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhhhhhhh - romantic and sweet. Love your work.
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. So absolutely beautiful and soft Jelissa....love your creations x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amazingly beautiful and soft page! Love the details and background! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!