Friday, July 25, 2014

Two projects for Blue Fern Studios

Hello friends!

I'm in today to share two projects I've created for Blue Fern Studios, using the Ombre Dreams paper collection, as well as their beautiful chipboard pieces.

Lucky

My first project is a layout of my two boys. 


I've used Charlotte's Dream from the Ombre Dreams collection as my background paper and added some misting, masking with texture paste and random stamping to further highlight the beautiful watercolor effects already printed on the paper itself. I also used a cut out from Dream Cards as a subtitle.


The "Lucky" chippie from Charmed Page Dangles was cut into two pieces and the word used as my title. I did some heat embossing in black and smeared purple Liquid Pearls over for highlight. 


The other half of the chipboard was first colored with gelato, followed by some stamping with Versamark and heat-embossing. 


I used only one piece of the Honeycomb bits here, but snipped it into three parts which I layered throughout my page. It was first misted followed by random sprinkling with a mauve-tinted embossing powder.


All Dressed Up

My second project is a mixed media canvas I made as a birthday gift for a very talented friend who runs her own fashion designing label. 


When I saw the Sweetheart dress form, I knew it was meant for her and there is also a similar mannequin on display in her office reception. 


The chipboard was covered with gesso and I made a dress out of some organza curtain fabric, which I decorated with some tulle and organza roses, aqua sequins and mini paper roses. I also snipped the Majestic Frame in half and covered it with gold glitter.

There's a pretty funny story behind how I got my hands on more than a handful of very expensive fabric from the owners of one of the biggest curtain makers in Singapore. This particular company is a close working partner of my parents (and husband's) so I thought I could request for some SCRAPS for my artwork. This kind old man in a polo T-shirt and jeans brought us to their warehouse and told me I could take my pick of ANY fabric I wanted. And so I did. After I picked 3 or 4, he told me I needed more and made me pick out another 4 more. When I asked for 30 cm by 30 cm squares, he told me to take the entire BALE of fabric. Needless to say, I was overwhelmed by his generosity and thought, what a nice old uncle!

Much later, my husband told me, that "nice old uncle" is the CEO of the company, and the fabrics I picked cost about $100 a metre. I now have almost a hundred thousand dollars' worth of fabric sitting in my storage.

Thanks dear, for the heads up -___-"


My little cluster here is full of bits from the Miss Tailor set. I covered the spool with a fine layer of gold shimmer. The buttons I used Liquid Pearls and for the scissors I used my gold textured paste. The other half of the majestic frame is tucked beneath the flowers and also dipped in gold glitter.

That's all I have to share for today. Be back in a couple of days for a really exciting post from me. Hint: there is a HUGE giveaway happening!

until then, happy scrapping!

Love,

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful ..what size is your canvas ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jeliisa I love the first layout it is stunning... That story is amazing.. What generosity... Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SUCH a great story...you REALLY need to scrap it somehow...because it's such a 'one off' story, too....& Lucky YOU!! I reckon if I was your 'fashion' friend, I'd have that gorgeous canvas sitting up somewhere in my office - it's really YUMMY....& I adore your 'boys' page.....I have 2 boys, too.... slightly older!!! LOOOVE the 'shabby chic' sun rays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great canvas and I love the story about the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing projects Jelissa! That canvas is to die for! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love the soft colours on your layout...and that canvas must surely be a cherished piece of art by your friend. Have fun with those expensive bales of fabric...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! U can find me on fb as Eliza xuxian Eu

    ReplyDelete

thank you for dropping a note, it means so much to me!